Time is now October 17, 2017, 8:37 pm

Last Login from 116.93.14.3 on 2012-11-13 02:09:05

Welcome Guest User, Click Register and Post your comments

Knee replacements >> Knee Replacement Surgery Discussion >> Knee arthritis in young patients

Feb

Knee arthritis in young patients

admin Online Now | Location: | Joined On:
2009-02-21 17:19:07

Are you a young person suffering from severe disabling knee pain? Have you approached your orthopedic surgeon to provide relief? If so what has he advised? Has he talked about a knee replacement?

Feb

2009-02-21 17:19:47

Young patients with knee arthritis from whatever cause need not despair as a very cost effective option is available in India.
The Oxinium knee is a long lasting knee prosthesis made of Zirconium.
It has found acceptance from many anxious young patients in India and abroad seeking a knee replacement in India..
If you think that you are a candidate for a knee replacement, then drop the surgeon an E mail
Email -[url]drvenkat@kneeindia.com[/url]
Visit http://www.kneereplacement.co.in

Jan

2011-01-17 21:46:55

I am 4 weeks post op with a total knee replacement on my right knee. I also received a Smith and Nephew Oxinium knee replacement. i am anxious to know how you are doing. After 4 weeks I am very lame. My knee is weak and I am wondering how long it took you to recover and  what excersise you found most helpful? What kind of PT were you doing  at the 4 week period. I am 44 years old and active. This is really  starting to worry me as far as the recovery. I am trying to gauge  myself against other folks recovery. Can you give me some pointers. It would be much appreciated. My incision has healed very well but I am feeling a loose jiggly feeling in the joint and have a lot of pain  righ above the knee in the quad and below the knee cap it feels like a stabbing pain.

Chip USA
Chip Bartley
805-844-0058
chip@chipbartley.com

Jan

2011-01-17 21:54:42

Hi there chip did you get the genesis 2 or the journey knee? where did they operate on you? I have the genesis 2 oxinium, left leg,done by Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam from India, 26 nov 2008 and now a days I am completely pain-free. Man you're only at 4 weeks post op? The first 8 weeks post op did not go to PT but had my own knee bend cpm at the home see http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=knee+cpm&x=27&y=18 and special ice kneebandage. You need ice to cool it because it is so swollen, unlike you did not have that after pain as you say, and i have my own kneecap and my own knee ligaments, i am 37 maybe the youngest with a knee replacement. Your pain above the knee is because they did not a quadsparing TKR, they do them know in days also with quadsparing,that is not going in in through the quads, it amazes me that they did the TKR on you in that old fashion way,my TKR was done quadsparing and with computer navigation, this would have costed me in usa almos 60.000$ amd in india with the DR Venkatachalam from www.kneeindia.com I payed only 10.000$ same operation same prosthesis etc as in USA. I went from the netherlands europe all the way to chennai india,because in europe they did not wanted me to give a tkr for being to young and a complicated case because of my deformed left femur bone,which was in 3 pieces in 1996 after very bad moped accident as pasenger on that honda moped. I recomend to buy this reallly good TKR book  see http://www.amazon.com/Total-Knee-Replacement-Rehabilitation-Owners/dp/0897934393/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294682044&sr=8-1 and rent as soon as posible a CPM knee bend machine and then when your on 8 weeks post op go to PT,take good painkiller like tramadol and enought rest,believe me during your recovery and PT you will neeeeed them painkillers to go on with PT etc. I had PT for a year from 5 days a week to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 and then nothing and ITS HARD PREPARE YOURSELF. DO NOT THINK THAT THIS A EASY THING. When you go to the PT work on you quad strength as much as possible,and some swimming and stationary bike etc. You have a long way to go but with patience and God's will you wil get through this. good luck      ....Francois franadriaans@hotmail.com

<< Previous Thread | Next Thread >>