Time is now December 18, 2017, 6:57 am

Last Login from 116.93.14.3 on 2012-11-13 02:09:05

Welcome Guest User, Click Register and Post your comments

Knee replacements >> Knee Replacement Surgery Discussion >> Robot surgery more accurate

Feb

Robot surgery more accurate

admin Online Now | Location: | Joined On:
2009-02-21 17:00:05

A new study from Imperial College London shows that robot-assisted knee surgery is significantly more accurate than conventional surgery.

The team of surgeons tested whether Acrobot, a robotic assistant, could improve surgical outcomes for patients undergoing partial knee replacement. Acrobot works by helping the surgeon to line up the replacement knee parts with the existing bones.

The surgeons looked at 27 patients undergoing unicompartmental knee replacement. The patients were separated into two groups as part of a randomised controlled trial, with 14 having conventional surgery, and the remaining 13 having robot assisted surgery.

Although the operations took a few minutes longer using the robotic assistant, the replacement knee parts were more accurately lined up than in conventional surgery. All of the robotically assisted operations lined up the bones to within two degrees of the planned position, but only 40 per cent of the conventionally performed cases achieved this level of accuracy.

June

ChrisDipirro Online Now | Location: | Joined On:
2009-06-14 16:48:52

I recently had a knee replacement in New Delhi, and I absolutely loved it. I paid a little more for robot guided surgery, and was extremely impressed with the doctors at Wockhardt. I made a small website with some information about my journey at this address knee surgery india . If you are considering going to India for knee surgery, you should check out my site.

Thanks,

Chris

June

ChrisDipirro Online Now | Location: | Joined On:
2009-06-16 11:39:57

I forgot to mention, another site that's a very good source for information is knee replacement india. I got a lot of my information from them.

<< Previous Thread | Next Thread >>